Abortion Pill Info in Alum Rock
According to the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), the Abortion Pill can be used until 10 weeks of your LMP (Last Menstrual Period), however, its effectiveness may decrease as the pregnancy progresses.1
The FDA approved regimen for Mifeprex (RU-486) is a two-visit process using two different drugs
- Mifepristone is given orally during the first office visit. Mifepristone blocks progesterone from sustaining the pregnancy.2
- Misoprostol tablets are given orally 48 hours later. The misoprostol will cause contractions to expel the fetus. This does not take place at the medical office and may occur within a few hours or up to two weeks after taking misoprostol.
- A physical exam is given by the healthcare provider about 7-14 days later to ensure the abortion is complete and that there are no immediate complications. An incomplete abortion could cause serious illness so be sure to follow up with your healthcare provider within that time period.
Risks and Side Effects
Not advised for women who have anemia, bleeding disorders, liver or kidney disease, seizure disorder, acute inflammatory bowel disease, use an intrauterine device (IUD), or are unable to return for the follow-up visit. The risks and side effects of taking this medication can be:
- Cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, heavy bleeding, infection and in rare cases, death.
- In a small percentage of pregnancies, the procedure may be unsuccessful in terminating the pregnancy. This risk increases with the length of your pregnancy.
- If you have taken the first dose of the pill and are experiencing doubts about your abortion in Alum Rock, it may be possible to reverse your abortion.3 Every hour since your first dose of the abortion pill matters, so it’s important to call the Abortion Reversal Hotline at 877-558-0333 or if you are in a pregnancy crisis due to taking an abortion pill and need nursing advice, text (anytime 24/7) or call (6am-9pm) to 408-622-9236.
If you are pregnant and considering an abortion in Alum Rock, RealOptions Obria Medical Clinics can help you make an informed choice that is best for your health and well-being. We provide compassionate, confidential care; medical information about all your options; and non-judgmental support no matter what you decide to do about your pregnancy. We specialize in determining if you have a viable pregnancy, educate you on all your options, and answer your questions. Please note that we are not an abortion provider but do provide the pre- abortion screening you need to make an informed decision.
1 “Questions and Answers on Mifeprex.” Federal Drug Administration, 4-12-2019, https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/questions-and-answers-mifeprex.
2 “Mifeprex RU486.“ RxList, 4-25-2019, https://www.rxlist.com/mifeprex-ru486-drug.htm.
3 ”Can the abortion pill be reveresed.” Abortion Pill Reversal, 2020, https://abortionpillreversal.com/abortion-pill-reversal.
Welcome to Alum Rock: Alum Rock is a census-designated place (CDP) in Santa Clara County, California, United States and a community of San Jose. The CDP, which excludes all annexed areas, had a population of 15,536 at the 2010 census. Alum Rock was named after a rock formerly thought to be composed of alum in nearby Alum Rock Park. Formerly a separate town, much of the community is unincorporated surrounded by incorporated San Jose; neighborhoods between White Road and Capitol Avenue are part of a city/county agreement for annexation.
Abortion Pill Info Alum Rock 95127 95116 95132 95133