Abortion Pill Info in Russell City
According to the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), the Abortion Pill can be used until 10 weeks of your LMP (Last Menstrual Period), however, its effectiveness may decrease as the pregnancy progresses.1
The FDA approved regimen for Mifeprex (RU-486) is a two-visit process using two different drugs
- Mifepristone is given orally during the first office visit. Mifepristone blocks progesterone from sustaining the pregnancy.2
- Misoprostol tablets are given orally 48 hours later. The misoprostol will cause contractions to expel the fetus. This does not take place at the medical office and may occur within a few hours or up to two weeks after taking misoprostol.
- A physical exam is given by the healthcare provider about 7-14 days later to ensure the abortion is complete and that there are no immediate complications. An incomplete abortion could cause serious illness so be sure to follow up with your healthcare provider within that time period.
Risks and Side Effects
Not advised for women who have anemia, bleeding disorders, liver or kidney disease, seizure disorder, acute inflammatory bowel disease, use an intrauterine device (IUD), or are unable to return for the follow-up visit. The risks and side effects of taking this medication can be:
- Cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, heavy bleeding, infection and in rare cases, death.
- In a small percentage of pregnancies, the procedure may be unsuccessful in terminating the pregnancy. This risk increases with the length of your pregnancy.
- If you have taken the first dose of the pill and are experiencing doubts about your abortion in Russell City, it may be possible to reverse your abortion.3 Every hour since your first dose of the abortion pill matters, so it’s important to call the Abortion Reversal Hotline at 877-558-0333.
If you are pregnant and considering an abortion in Russell City, RealOptions Obria Medical Clinics can help you make an informed choice that is best for your health and well-being. We provide compassionate, confidential care; medical information about all your options; and non-judgmental support no matter what you decide to do about your pregnancy. We specialize in determining if you have a viable pregnancy, educate you on all your options, and answer your questions. Please note that we are not an abortion provider but do provide the pre- abortion screening you need to make an informed decision.
1 “Questions and Answers on Mifeprex.” Federal Drug Administration, 4-12-2019, https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/questions-and-answers-mifeprex.
2 “Mifeprex RU486.“ RxList, 4-25-2019, https://www.rxlist.com/mifeprex-ru486-drug.htm.
3 ”Can the abortion pill be reveresed.” Abortion Pill Reversal, 2020, https://abortionpillreversal.com/abortion-pill-reversal
Welcome to Russell City: Russell City (also known as Russell) was an unincorporated community in Hayward, Alameda County, California, USA, about 10 miles (16 km) south of Oakland in present-day Hayward. The land is at an elevation of 16 feet (5 m). The city was named after Frederick James Russell, who laid out the town in 1907. It existed from 1853 until 1964, when the last of the residents were forced out to make way for an industrial park, with such parks dominating the area to this day. During the time the residents fought removal under eminent domain statutes, many of the buildings were destroyed by acts of arson.
The city was an arrival point for immigrants to the San Francisco Bay Area. During and after World War II it had its largest growth period, with significant numbers of African Americans moving there from the South. The city had a history of blues music and this heritage is the basis for the annual Hayward/Russell City Blues Festival.
Russell City also had a large Latino community made up of Mexicans and Puerto Ricans. Many Latinos immigrated to Russell City during World War II. Some were braceros and others shipyard workers at Todd Shipyards and Kaiser Shipyards in Richmond. Ernesto Nava, son of the famous Mexican revolutionary leader Pancho Villa, lived in Russell City and was one of the last residents to leave.
Abortion Pill Info Russell City 94545