RealOptions Obria Medical Clinics provides medical testing, diagnosis, and treatment of STDs and STIs. There are many kinds of sexually transmitted diseases and infections.
- You can get an STD the first time you have vaginal, anal or oral sex.
- Many STDs have no cure while others can be treated through medication.
- Most people infected with an STD don’t know it.
- You can get an STD from someone who does not know he/she is infected.
- You can’t tell who has an STD by looking at them.
- Many STDs can be transmitted to a baby during pregnancy or birth.
- For women, untreated STIs, even if they are asymptomatic, can lead to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease , infertility, or pregnancy complications.
- You are more at risk for contracting an STI if you are:
- Between the ages of 15 and 24
- A sexually active woman
- A man who has sex with men
- If you are pregnant and considering an abortion it is important to be tested first for STIs.
- During an abortion procedure infected Chlamydia or Gonorrhea cells can travel from your cervix up into your uterus. When the infection travels and is not treated, you are at greater risk for developing a secondary infection called Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. PID can lead to serious consequences including infertility, ectopic pregnancy, abscess formation and chronic (long term) pelvic pain.For more information on Abortion, visit https://www.realoptions.net/abortion/.
- At RealOptions we routinely test for gonorrhea and chlamydia using a urine sample. If the test is positive for an infection, then we will provide you with treatment and explain how your partner(s) can be treated.
- To prepare for chlamydia and gonorrhea testing, do not urinate or engage in sexual intercourse for one hour before testing.
- Full panel testing is offered routinely as well. Ask about our full panel STD testing options.
- Tests available include:
You owe it to yourself to be safe. Don’t ignore the important step of being tested.
We are here to help. The caring staff at RealOptions provides confidential (private) consultations that are sensitive to your needs and concerns.
As comprehensive reproductive health care clinics, we understand that your physical and sexual health is just one component of your life. We are devoted to providing services with a holistic view and treatment of the whole person by considering social and mental factors along with physical symptoms. Our trained Optimal Health Coaches are available to share tools and information with you to help you build healthy relationships and live your best life.
Click here to schedule an online appointment at one of our locations or call:
400 30th St #401
Oakland, CA 94609
801 Brewster Ave Unit 210
Redwood City, CA 94063
1671 The Alameda #101
San Jose, CA
12 N White Rd
San Jose, CA
33523 Western Ave.
Union City, CA 94857
You can also find Obria Direct on the Apple Store or on Google Play. Book your appointment through the Obria Direct App, video, or text chat with a nurse. It is 100% confidential, free, and HIPAA-compliant. It’s easy! We will do everything we can to provide you with excellent care!