Abortion Pill Info in Hayward
According to the Federal Drug Administration (FDA), the Abortion Pill can be used until 10 weeks of your LMP (Last Menstrual Period), however, its effectiveness may decrease as the pregnancy progresses.1
The FDA approved regimen for Mifeprex (RU-486) is a two-visit process using two different drugs
- Mifepristone is given orally during the first office visit. Mifepristone blocks progesterone from sustaining the pregnancy.2
- Misoprostol tablets are given orally 48 hours later. The misoprostol will cause contractions to expel the fetus. This does not take place at the medical office and may occur within a few hours or up to two weeks after taking misoprostol.
- A physical exam is given by the healthcare provider about 7-14 days later to ensure the abortion is complete and that there are no immediate complications. An incomplete abortion could cause serious illness so be sure to follow up with your healthcare provider within that time period.
Risks and Side Effects
Not advised for women who have anemia, bleeding disorders, liver or kidney disease, seizure disorder, acute inflammatory bowel disease, use an intrauterine device (IUD), or are unable to return for the follow-up visit. The risks and side effects of taking this medication can be:
- Cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, heavy bleeding, infection and in rare cases, death.
- In a small percentage of pregnancies, the procedure may be unsuccessful in terminating the pregnancy. This risk increases with the length of your pregnancy.
- If you have taken the first dose of the pill and are experiencing doubts about your abortion in Hayward, it may be possible to reverse your abortion.3 Every hour since your first dose of the abortion pill matters, so it’s important to call the Abortion Reversal Hotline at 877-558-0333 or if you are in a pregnancy crisis due to taking an abortion pill and need nursing advice, text (anytime 24/7) or call (6am-9pm) to 408-622-9236.
If you are pregnant and considering an abortion in Hayward, RealOptions Obria Medical Clinics can help you make an informed choice that is best for your health and well-being. We provide compassionate, confidential care; medical information about all your options; and non-judgmental support no matter what you decide to do about your pregnancy. We specialize in determining if you have a viable pregnancy, educate you on all your options, and answer your questions. Please note that we are not an abortion provider but do provide the pre- abortion screening you need to make an informed decision.
1 “Questions and Answers on Mifeprex.” Federal Drug Administration, 4-12-2019, https://www.fda.gov/drugs/postmarket-drug-safety-information-patients-and-providers/questions-and-answers-mifeprex.
2 “Mifeprex RU486.“ RxList, 4-25-2019, https://www.rxlist.com/mifeprex-ru486-drug.htm.
3 ”Can the abortion pill be reveresed.” Abortion Pill Reversal, 2020, https://abortionpillreversal.com/abortion-pill-reversal.
Welcome to Hayward: Hayward (/ˈheɪwərd/; formerly, Haywards, Haywards Station, and Haywood) is a city located in Alameda County, California in the East Bay subregion of the San Francisco Bay Area. With a 2014 population of 149,392, Hayward is the sixth largest city in the Bay Area and the third largest in Alameda County. Hayward was ranked as the 37th most populous municipality in California. It is included in the San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont Metropolitan Statistical Area by the US Census. It is located primarily between Castro Valley and Union City, and lies at the eastern terminus of the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge. The city was devastated early in its history by the 1868 Hayward earthquake. From the early 20th century until the beginning of the 1980s, Hayward's economy was dominated by its now defunct food canning and salt production industries.
Abortion Pill Info 94540 94541 94542 94543 94544 94545 94546 94552 94557 94580 94588